banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner
K-Rae K-Rae
9:00am - 1:00pm
Best Country Music

Make An E-Quest

Contact Me

My Blog

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

                                            

Contact Us Today for Advertising Opportunities Both Web and On-Air!
Welcome to KBestMedia.com !
Request a Song Online or by Calling 263-KBST (5278)
KBest Media is Locally Owned and Operated!
When There's Smoke on the Mountain or Clouds in the Air, K-Best News Is There!
KBST News


PRESENTATIONS, RECOGNITIONS, AND PROCLAMATIONS -

 

The family of the late Robert Diaz was presented with a plaque recognizing Robert’s 26 years of service to the City of Big Spring during Tuesday night’s Big Spring City Council meeting.

Other City of Big Spring employees recognized with 25 years of service are as follows from the Big Spring Fire Department:

 

Battalion Chief Steve Bedell 

Lt. Ron Phillips

Fire Marshall Dan Hendrickson 

 

Lt. Brian Gordon with the Big Spring Police Department and Mr. Michael Coffman. 

 

 

CITY MANAGER’S REPORT -

 

During the City Manager’s report, it was stated that the City had mailed out flyers to notify water customers about the Large/ Bulk Item Pickup program. In 2020, a total of 518,940 pounds of trash was collected throughout the City of Big Spring in all 6 districts. The project saved citizens $11,935.62 of tipping fees from the local landfill. 

 

There will be a Free Residential Electronic Recycling offered to the citizens of Big Spring on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2021, from 8 AM to 1 PM or until the truck fills. Items that can be disposed of during this time will be computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, electronics and gaming equipment, and networking and computer data center equipment, among other things. For more information, contact 817-300-6958. 

 

CARES grant Update – City has received $376,422.13 from the Texas Department of Emergency Management. This money was authorized to spend in 6 major categories of expenditures. The first 3 categories are Tier 1 expenditures that involve medical supplies, public health expenses, PPE, public health related to disinfectant, hand sanitizer, etc. Tier 2 includes any type economic assistance, includes enabling telework, any type of community block grants, and continuity of government services.

 

75 percent of funds must go to Tier 1 expenditures, and the remaining 25 percent could go to Tier 1 or Tier 2. The self-payment kiosk, software to make it work, and the code enforcement software that was discussed at the last meeting are all items that fall under the CARES grant.

Families First Coronavirus Response Act Update – FFCRA requires employers to provide up to 80 hours of paid sick leave and expanded family medical leave for employees who were quarantined or diagnosed with COVID-19. This expired on December 31, 2020. The City of Big Spring has taken steps to allow employees to use leave from the Sick Pool in the event that an employee does not have sufficient leave to cover time off work due to being quarantined or diagnosed with COVID-19.

 

911 Address Update – Residents and business owners are encouraged to properly mark their addresses so that they are easily seen by first responders so they can respond quickly in emergency situations. This is done with 6- inch letters or numbers with a permanent type of marker, and it must be shown twice on property.

 

Big Spring CVB received 2020 Convention South Readers’ Choice Award

 

Big Spring City offices will be closed on Monday, Jan. 18, 2021, in observance of MLK Day.

 

1,600 vaccinations have been dispersed in Howard County as of Tuesday. These were dispersed to those in Tier 1A, which consisted of first responders and healthcare workers.

 

According to Dr. Steve Ahmed, Medical Advisor for the City of Big Spring, as of Monday, there are 23 million cases, 380,000 deaths. Texas ranks number 2 in the union with 2 million cases and 31,000 deaths. Vaccines are out, but distribution is a challenge. Dr. Ahmed advised that if you get the Pfizer vaccine, the 2nd dose must be a Pfizer vaccine within 21 days, with a 4-day grace period. If you receive the Moderna vaccine, the 2nd dose must be 4 weeks apart with a grace period of 4 days.

 

Vaccinations are in limited supply and distribution is based on population. The City of Big Spring is following protocol and will continue to follow protocol in that distribution.

 

According to Big Spring Fire Chief Craig Ferguson, this week their plan is to move on to Tier 1B, which are People 65 years of age and older and People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19.

Hide Comments



 



LISTEN ONLINE





LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services