Last week, the Big Spring Area Community Foundation Board of Directors announced the creation of a one-time relief grant program for small businesses within Howard County impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Businesses throughout Howard County are experiencing lost income due to restrictions placed on them by the Governor of Texas' Executive Order for non-essential businesses which has limited their business hours and shopping procedures or have led them to temporarily close.
With the Governor's decision to reopen businesses in Texas, this relief grant is to be used by businesses to pay expenses directly related to reopening the business.
According to Drew Mouton, BSACF Board President, the amount of the grant will be dependent on how many qualifying businesses apply, but they anticipate grants in the $2,000 to $3,000 range.
Business owners can access the eligibility requirements and download a Grant Application on the Foundation website at www.BSACF.org with applications being due by Friday, May 15, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
For more information, please contact the Foundation offices at 432-714-4316 or email Greg Henry at email@example.com.
About the Big Spring Area Community Foundation
The Big Spring Area Community Foundation was established in 2001 to help individuals and families create personal, permanent and powerful legacies with charitable funds customized to meet their philanthropic goals.
BUSINESS ELIGIBILITY FOR BSACF COVID-19 GRANTS
The Business must:
1. Be owned and operated by Howard County residents;
2. Have a storefront located in Howard County (home-based businesses are not eligible);
3. Not be part of a national chain or franchise;
4. Have either closed or had operations severely restricted (resulting in a financial loss) as a result of Covid-19;
5. Use the grant to pay expenses directly related to reopening the business;
6. Commit to return the grant if the business does not reopen within six months of the grant;
7. Be primarily retail or in the business of rendering personal services to individuals, such as:
a. Restaurants/Bars; b. Barber shops; c. Beauty salons; d. Dental offices; e. Other businesses that meet the criteria.
Grant application can be found here:
(Photo credit: Big Spring Herald)