Earlier this week, Scenic Mountain Medical Center released the following statement on the list of new procedures that will be followed as a result of COVID-19:
Scenic Mountain Medical Center is committed in serving the patients, community and our employees. Safety of our patients and staff is a priority, particularly in times like these.
To protect our patients, community and staff from the spread of COVID-19, we are making every effort through enhanced screening of patients, visitors and employees before they enter our facilities. In accordance with federal mandates regarding the national State of Emergency issued on Friday, March 13, Scenic Mountain Medical Center will implement the following until further notice:
• ALL patients, visitors and/or vendors will only enter through the ED Entrance 24/7 and West Texas Plaza Main Entrance 7 AM until 5 PM
• ALL patients, visitors and/or vendors will be required to complete a questionnaire and be screened prior to entering
• Visitors, if you are sick or have a fever please stay Home
• Children under the age of 12 will not be permitted to visit UNLESS the child is a patient
• Inpatient visitors will be limited to 1 at any given time and this is at the discretion of the provider
• All elective tests, procedures and surgeries will continue and NOT be cancelled
• Avoid all unnecessary travel
Please feel free to visit our website and/or Facebook page for all informational updates. We will continue to monitor the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) for the latest updates and precautionary measures.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have questions, please call your primary physician or (432) 268-4785 for a phone screening. Please do not come to the hospital unless it is an emergency.
If you would like more information regarding COVID-19, visit the CDC website: