Terry Wegman, Executive Director for the Big Spring Economic Development Corporation announced to the Board at the regular scheduled meeting on Tuesday night, 11/19/19, that he plans to retire at the end of March 2020.
Wegman was hired as Executive Director in July of 2007. He, along with the vision of the Board, has facilitated numerous projects and programs during his tenure including:
- facilitating the development of several wind farms in Howard County
- redevelopment of Hotel Settles
- expansion of several businesses on the Air/Industrial Park
- numerous upgrades to buildings and the runways a the Airpark
- utility infrastructure improvements within Big Spring
- initiating building entr ways from the new HWY 87 reliever route into the Airpark form the south and west interchanges
The Board will begin a search for a new Executive Director in the upcoming weeks. It should be noted that Wegman has indicated that he will be available to assist and consult on cointinuing projects going forward.