Coahoma ISD is proud to announce their new Pre-K Expansion program that will begin in the 2017-'18 school year. This is a tuition-based program that will allow Pre-K aged students who do not qualify for the free public prekindergarten program to still be able to attend pre-k classes for a half-day.
In order to qualify for the free half-day of Pre-K provided by the State, students must meet the following criteria:
- unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- is economically disadvantaged
- is homeless
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States
- is or ever has been in the consrevatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)
- is a child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
Now with the new Pre-K Expansion Program parents will have an opportunity to pay a fee that will allow their pre-k student, state program and tuition-based, to stay for the whole school day.