The United Way of Big Spring and Howard County held their 2019 Annual Meeting yesterday afternoon. During the meeting, Christian Rojas-Fair, Executive Director for the United Way of Big Spring and Howard County advised that the 2019 Campaign had a rough go. She advised that inclement weather kept the organization from hosting their kickoff for the campaign, and a change in leadership late in the year had an effect on the campaign hard.
Approximately $85,000 was allocated to the following 13 partnering agencies:
• Buffalo Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America
• CWJC, Spring of Siloam
• CASA of West Texas
• Council on Aging / Meals on Wheels
• Emergency Services Chaplain Corp
• Girl Scouts of the Desert
• Howard County Resource Center
• Isaiah 58
• The Salvation Army Corp
• The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club
• Victim Services
• West Side Community Day Care
• YMCA of Big Spring
During the meeting it was also announced that with the help of the Permian Basin Area Foundation, the United Way of Big Spring and Howard County would be soon starting an endowment fund, which would be able to cover operating expenses for the organization.