FOURTH ANNUAL - Operation Santa Paws
DECEMBER 22, 2018 9AM – 4PM
Tractor Supply - Big Spring Texas
Operation Santa Paws is a one day collection event with a dual purpose-
? Food, toy, coat, blanket , etc drive for Happy Day Humane Society (Basically ANYTHING that they need to care for our furry friends on a daily basis)
? Adoption Event for Happy Day Humane Society
The Fourth Annual “Operation Santa Paws” event will be held Saturday December 22nd from 9 AM to 4 PM at Big Spring Tractor Supply on Interstate 20.
With all the focus on the hustle and bustle of the season it is often the less fortunate four-legged members of our community that often get overlooked. Starting in October right up to Christmas there are food, coat, clothing and fundraising campaigns for our needy families and children, and our community always seems to respond amazingly.
Many of us who have pets of various breeds and kinds no longer consider them simply animals or even pets, they are a part of our families as dear to us our any other member of our household. With the holiday festivities, shopping, and getting into the spirit of giving by helping the less fortunate, it’s easy to forget about all of our furry friends in need. Especially during the holidays, the cold winter weather is perilous for abandoned animals, leaving shelters overcrowded and lacking in supplies.
The community had been AMAZING at this event in the past; donating over 1900 pounds of dog food, cat food and treats, almost twice as much as the year before! Once again Operation: Santa Paws is calling upon the generosity and the generous heart of the people of Big Spring and the surrounding to again help us to once again bless our furry friends at Happy Day Humane Society.
Here are some other ways that you can help our local shelters all years, not just during the holidays, but all year long...
1. Sponsor an animal: Whether you are an animal lover who is currently unable to have a pet, or one who is fortunate enough to share your life with a loving animal, consider helping another animal by becoming a sponsor. (Contact Happy Day for more information)
2. Foster a pet: Could you use some fluffy cheer in your house throughout the winter? Foster a pet in need! There are specific guidelines for pet fostering, so check with Happy Day for more information.
3. Go through your closets: Old towels, blankets, sheets, bathmats, and placemats are all in high demand. They can be used for bedding and as food trays.
4. Donate your time: You can help a shelter by volunteering to walk the dogs whenever your schedule permits. What better way to give back is there?
5. Donate your dollars: Withall the money you saved during Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, considering making a monetary donation.
6. Who doesn’t like a good holiday sale: Food, treats, and cat litter go on sale often. All of these items are essential at animal shelters and get donated the least.
7. Adopt a pet: Make it your New Year’s resolution to give one of these furry friends a forever family.
While Operation Santa Paws is scheduled as a one day event, the need exist throughout the year. If you are interested in giving at any time other than on the day of the event, please call or make the short trip out to Happy Days Humane Society.
Happy Days Humane Society
5710 W Interstate 20 Big Spring, TX
If you are interested in donating, but unable to get to Tractor Supply the day of the event or to Happy Days Humane Society then please feel free to call Gary – 432-213-2321 and they will have someone come and accept your donation.
For more information regarding the event or to volunteer to help please call Gary at (432) 213-2321.